Ingredients and Method
- 1 lb ButcherBox.ca RWA, cage free veal
- 1 1/2 cups ButcherBox.ca organic chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished organic unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- to taste Kosher salt
- to taste freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp small capers, rinsed
- 3/4 lb orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the veal, season with salt and pepper, and raise the heat to high.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veal is no longer pink and any liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the skillet - boil over high heat until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, and capers. Simmer over moderate heat until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta well and add it to the skillet along with the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, parsley, and butter.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
Write Your Own Review