Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
4 - 6 people
Share with your friends
Ingredients and Method
- 4 cups shredded roasted ButcherBox.ca whole chicken
- 3 tbsp ButcherBox.ca unsalted organic 100% grass fed grass finished butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature/softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup Buffalo hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal, white and greens separated
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp crumbled bleu cheese
- to taste bleu cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the Cheddar, 1/3 cup of the hot sauce, white parts of the scallions and cumin in a large bowl until well combined. Stir together the butter, remaining 2/3 cup hot sauce and 3 tablespoons water in a medium bowl.
- Microwave the tortillas in batches until warm, softened and foldable, about 30 seconds. Keep warm between damp paper towels.
- Spoon a portion of the chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and roll up. Place them side by side, seam-side down, in the prepared pan. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Cheddar and the blue cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Drizzle blue cheese dressing over the enchiladas to taste (or serve on the side) and sprinkle with the scallion greens. Serve with more hot sauce.
Write Your Own Review