Top Sirloin Steak - AAA, Grass Fed, Baseball Cut
A thick, round steak, offering a more robust beefy flavour, cut from naturally AAA Ontario beef, this 8 - 10oz steaks are an excellent grilling steak. Our baseball cut top sirloin steak comes from Ontario family farmers who have spent years perfecting their trade, and it shows – from the perfect marbling to the amazing flavour in the beef. Our farmers and our butcher are all HACCP certified, being held to the highest standards in quality care, cleanliness and safe practices – all of which shows in the quality and taste of the finished product.
High in many essential vitamins and nutrients, including iron, magnesium, vitamin B12, potassium, and others, beef is a great way to boost your body’s natural immune system, strengthen and repair muscle tissue, increase good blood health and circulation, and control blood pressure.
A medium rare cook is the most common doneness for this steak because it best preserves the texture and flavour of the steak. Medium rare is an internal temperature of 120 – 125F. These steaks can also be oven cooked – first, sear both sides in a bit of butter on your stove top, then place in an oven safe pan in a 450F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes.
Flavour tip – while these steaks are fabulous lightly seasoned and grilled or oven seared, they also, because of their consistency, are amazing when marinated!
- Bring the steak up to room temperature before cooking to ensure an even wellness.
- After cooking your steak, make sure you let it rest for a minimum of 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven, the burner or off the grill.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board or serving platter.
- Use aluminum foil to tent the board or platter loosely to retain some of the heat.
- Remove the foil after the appropriate rest time, normally 5 - 7 minutes. This will help spread the juices throughout the entire cut
Serve and enjoy.