New York Striploin Steak, AAA, Grass Fed
Commonly known as a New York Strip (the cut originated as a signature dish at Delmonico's restaurant in New York city in 1827), our striploin steaks are cut from naturally raised, grass fed grain finished AAA Ontario beef for that perfect marbling. Marbling is essential for maximum flavour; these steaks don't need anything other than a bit of salt and pepper or your favourite steak seasoning to be mouth wateringly delicious.
Our striploin steaks are cut from beef that has been dry aged for a minimum of 28 days, cut at 1” thick, then vacuum sealed and flash frozen to ensure all of the juices, flavour, vitamins and nutrients are locked in without adding any preservatives or chemicals.
Cooking tip – a meat thermometer is a great investment – makes sure every steak is perfectly done.
- Bring the steak up to room temperature before cooking to ensure an even wellness.
- After cooking your steak, make sure you let it rest for a minimum of 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven, the burner or off the grill.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board or serving platter.
- Use aluminum foil to tent the board or platter loosely to retain some of the heat.
- Remove the foil after the appropriate rest time, normally 5 - 7 minutes. This will help spread the juices throughout the entire cut
Serve and enjoy.