Maple Glazed Salmon
Jan 26, 2021
- 1/4 cup maple syrup ("real" maple syrup is best!)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lrg clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper (or 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper)
- "Greens" of 1 - 2 green onions, minced for garnish
- 4 Butcher Box.ca wild sockeye salmon fillets - with the skin left on
In a small bowl combine the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper, mixing until well blended.
Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in a shallow glass baking dish, coat well with maple syrup mixture. Cover tightly and place into refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes, turning the fillets over at the 15 minute mark.
Preheat oven to 400F, remove baking dish from refrigerator and uncover
Place baking dish with salmon fillets and maple syrup mixture in preheated oven and bake uncovered until fish flakes evenly with a fork. Serve with minced green onion as a garnish.
**Don't marinate seafood for more than 30 minutes, it begins to "cook" and the end result will be tough and dry.
Printable version HERE