Ingredients and Method
- 3 slices ButcherBox.ca sugar free bacon, chopped
- 150 g (1 1/2 packs) Butcher Box.ca Organic Signature Smoked Salmon, broken up into small pieces
- 4 tsp ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished organic butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, sliced on an angle
- 1/2 lemon, juiced plus extra wedges for serving
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (you can also use black sesame seeds, caraway seeds or celery seeds)
- For garnish dill sprigs
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Add zucchini and asparagus, and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add salmon, then remove pan from heat, season and drizzle with lemon juice. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe the pan clean and return to medium-high heat. Lightly beat the eggs with ricotta, then season.
- Melt 10g butter in the pan, then add half the egg mixture, swirling it to cover the base. When just set, scatter half the flling and nigella seeds down the centre of the omelette, then fold the other side over the flling. Tilt the pan at an angle and carefully slide omelette onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, egg mixture, flling and seeds.
- Serve garnished with dill sprigs and fresh fruite or home fries - or both!!
Write Your Own Review