Ingredients and Method
- 2 lb (2 pcs) Butcherbox.ca whole pork tenederloin, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 (8 inch long) sandwich rolls or mini baguettes
- to taste hoisin sauce
- to taste sriracha chili sauce
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- for grilling vegetable oil
- In blender/food processor or with hand blender, puree fish sauce with honey, sugar, pepper, scallions and garlic until smooth.
- Transfer the marinade to a lidded bowl or zip top type bag, add the pork tenderloin and mix to coat well. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Thread pork slices onto bamboo skewers - approximately 12 skewers.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Brush the pork with oil and grill over high heat, turning, until just cooked, approximately 4 minutes.
- Spread the rolls with hoisin and Sriracha, add 2 skewers to each roll, close roll and pull out bamboo skewers.
- Open rolls up, top the pork with the cucumber and cilantro and serve.
Write Your Own Review