Ingredients and Method
- 8 ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished lamb chops
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
- to taste Kosher salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves finely chopped and stems roughly chopped
- 1 lb large carrots, washed, peeled and sliced about 1/2" thick
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Put the cucumber slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss. Let sit 20 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, coriander and turmeric and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add 1 cup water, the cilantro stems and carrots and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth, at least 1 minute. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper; cover to keep warm.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water from the cucumbers and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, cilantro leaves, garlic and jalapeno; season with pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper; rub all over with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cook the lamb chops four at a time, turning once, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes for medium doneness. Serve with the carrot puree and cucumber salad.
Write Your Own Review