Ingredients and Method
- 4 ButcherBox.ca bone in center cut pork loin chops
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, you can use plain or seasoned
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste, you can use plain or seasoned
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 (approx 1/2 - 2/3 cup) small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- for serving cooked pasta or zoodles
- for serving grated Parmesan cheese
- for garnish Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Sear pork chops in skillet for 2-3 minutes per side, just to form a crust. Transfer pork chops to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients (including remaining salt and pepper) to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, until pork chops are tender and cooked through.
- Serve over pasta or zoodles with sauce spooned on top, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
Write Your Own Review