Ingredients and Method
- Place whole chicken into a deep stock pot, pour chicken broth over and add water as needed to cover the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until meat is beginning to fall off bone - if the pot foams, skim the foam off.
- Remove chicken and/or pieces from pot, let sit until cool enough to handle. Remove skin, shred or chop meat. Pour broth out, rinse pot, return broth and cooked chicken to the pot.
- Add vegetables to pot, a bit more chicken bone broth if needed, and continue to simmer until vegetables are softened.
- Season with salt and pepper, add parsley.
- **If you wish to add noodles, add cooked noodles to pot for just long enough to heat through before serving.
Write Your Own Review