Ingredients and Method
- 1.5 lb ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished beef liver, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished organic butter, salted
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- to taste salt and black pepper
- for garnish fresh parsley, chopped
- To reduce the strong taste of the meat place liver in a bowl, or a Ziploc bag, and cover with milk, or buttermilk, and refrigerate. Let it soak up to 2 hours. Then remove the liver from the liquid and pat dry.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, stirring constantly to avoid burning, about 1 – 2 minutes. Add the liver strips, working in batches if necessary, and fry until browned on both sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook liver until reaches an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove the liver from the skillet with a slotted spoon. Set aside on a plate or bowl.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the butter to the same skillet. Add onions and sauté until translucent and fragrant. Add the liver back to the skillet and add the wine. Let the wine reduce for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot with rice, mashed potatoes or veggies
Write Your Own Review