Taco Tuesday never had it this good! Featuring our Selva black tigert or Argentinian red shrimp, this recipes kicks it up a notch and the addition of the cilantro lime drizzle takes it over the top.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat yogurt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2–3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 8 small tortillas (corn or flour)
- To taste avocados, smashed; Cotija cheese ( or feta or other cheese of your choice); lime wedges for serving
- 1 lb ButcherBox.ca Selva shrimp, peeled, tails removed (or try it with our Argentinian reds)
- Sauce Pulse 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup water, chopped green onion, cilantro leaves, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, juice from 2 limes and sour cream (or full-fat yogurt) in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth, set aside or refrigerate briefly to allow flavours to blend.
- Slaw Toss some of the sauce (not all) with the cabbage. We’ll use the leftover sauce to top the tacos.
- Shrimp Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss the shrimp in a small bowl with the spice mix to get it coated. Heat a drizzle of oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and sauté for 5-8 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assembly For the prettiest and easiest-to-eat assembly, go in this order: smashed avocado, slaw, and shrimp. Finish with Cotjia cheese, lime wedges, and extra sauce.