Ingredients and Method
- 1 ButcherBox.ca AAA NY striploin steak (or you can use our 100% grass fed grass finished striploin)
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp + 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced, divided
- 2 peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 cups (about 3 oz) mesclun greens
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and rosemary in a small saucepan over low heat, 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pat the steak dry, season with salt and black pepper and place in a shallow glass pan. Pour 1 cup of the infused oil over the steak; cover and refrigerate 3 hours, turning the steak occasionally. Remove from the refrigerator about 45 minutes before cooking.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Season the steak with salt and black pepper and grill 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before slicing - slice thinly against the grain.
- 3. Make the dressing: Whisk half of the blue cheese with the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar and cayenne in a bowl until smooth. Fold in 2 tsp chives; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Brush the cut side of the peaches with the remaining 1/4 cup infused oil. Heat the grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the peaches, cut-side down, 3 minutes. Flip and grill the other side 1 minute to soften. Remove and slice into wedges.
- Toss the greens with 2 tbsp chives, basil and tarragon in a large bowl to mix. Divide among plates. Top with the steak and peaches; drizzle with the dressing and top with the remaining blue cheese. Season with black pepper.
Write Your Own Review