Ingredients and Method
- 1 pack ButcherBox.ca air chilled boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 ButcherBox.ca hot Italian sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, julienne slice
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 cup pitted mixed olives
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2 - 3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions, Italian sausage, and 1/2 tsp smoked paprika; cook and stir 2 - 3 minutes, until onion softens and sausage is no longer pink.
- Add chicken chunks to the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining smoked paprika; cook 6 - 8 minutes longer, turning chicken occasionally, until chicken is well browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, stir in sundried tomatoes, cook and stir 1 minute. Sitr in cider and pepper sauce; simmer 6 - 7 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temp of 165F.
- Transfer to Dutch oven or oven safe pan, break cherry tomatoes into smaller sections, distribute around pan, along with olives.
- Braise under broiler until cherry tomatoes are blistering, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
Write Your Own Review