Ingredients and Method
- 1 lb (approx 2) ButcherBox.ca air chilled boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp ButcherBox.ca salted 100% grass fed organic butter
- 1 (16 oz) pack linguine, or other pasta or pasta substitute of your choice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (8oz) pack button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- To taste Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (you can use reduced fat if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino (Romano) cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes, adding frozen peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and peas, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook until mushrooms are brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove mushrooms and onions to a dish, set aside.
- Season chicken pieces to taste with salt and pepper. Cook in the same skillet as the mushrooms and onions over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms back to the skillet. Add cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest; stir until cream cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Fold in Parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses, then parsley. Toss with pasta and peas, adding reserved cooking liquid as necessary to make a sauce.
Write Your Own Review