Ingredients and Method
- 2 lb (2 packs) ButcherBox.ca beef marrow bones
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed in cold water and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, plus more for seasoning bones
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf crusty baguette, sliced and toasted
- for garnish micro sprouts and finely sliced shallots
- Preheat oven to 450˚F
- Prepare the salsa verde - Smash the garlic clove and capers with the side of your knife and finely mince (or use a mortar and pestle or the bottom of a cast iron pan). Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the parsley, shallots, olive oil, lemon juice and 1/8 tsp sea salt to the bowl. Stir and adjust salt to taste. Set aside.
- Cut bones in half through middle, so marrow is exposed.
- Place the bones cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 15-25 minutes until the marrow is slightly puffed and the internal temperature reaches 145˚F.
- Arrange on a platter, garnish with sprouts and sliced shallots. Serve immediate with toasted crusty bread, salsa verde and spoons for scooping.
Write Your Own Review