Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Scallops are simple to prepare - make sure you have a screaming hot pan and you will get a gorgeous golden brown crust without having to use any breading!
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus extra if needed, to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper, plus extra if needed, to taste
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 12 oz fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 4 lemon wedges
- 3 strips Butcher Box.ca sugar free bacon
- 1.5 lb Butcher Box.ca Atlantic scallops - 2 - 3 packages
- Cook bacon in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; coarsely chop and set bacon aside. Increase heat to high.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add scallops to bacon drippings in hot pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add remaining half of spinach; cook 2 minutes or just until wilted, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Divide spinach mixture among 4 plates; top each serving evenly with crumbled bacon and 3 scallops. Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.