Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
These loaded nachos disappear faster than I can put them on the food table! Perfect for game time, half time or anytime!
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 lb ButcherBox.ca Angus lean ground beef
- 1 can (10 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can or 1 cup corn niblets, drained
- 3 ancho chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, diced (orange or red provide the best colour)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ancho chipotle pepper
- 2 tbsp pico de gallo or pico de gallo style salsa
- to taste shredded cheese of your choice
- Lime and cilantro drizzle - place avocado oil, water, green onion, 1/2 cup of the cilantro, garlic, salt, lime juice and sour cream or yogurt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place in sealed container if refrigerator to allow flavours to blend.
- In a large skillet heat a small amount of olive or avocado oil - add ground meat and cook, stirring and breaking up as it browns. Once browned, drain, return to pan.
- Add diced onion, sweet pepper, ancho peppers and seasonings, cook until onion and pepper are starting to soften.
- Add remaining cilantro and pico de gallo, simmer for about 5 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- On a foil lined cooking sheet, spread a layer of nachos, then some of the ground beef mixture, then cheese. Repeat layers as needed/desired.
- Place in a 350 oven until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Drizzle with the lime cilantro mixture - and get out of the way...
- **Add toppings of shredded lettuce, diced green onion, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos - and have guacamole, sour cream and more salsa nearby for dipping
- **You can use any of our ground meats - try it with a blend of two or more!