Prep Time : 00h 20
Cooking Time : 01h 40
Servings Number : 6 people
This is a scrumptious, simple beef stew recipe that’s perfect for warming your soul on cooler autumn nights, or even after a full day outside in the snow!
- 2 lb ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished stewing beef
- 4 cups ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished beef bone broth
- 1 tbsp ButcherBox.ca 100% grass fed grass finished organic unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 12 oz can beer of your choice
- 2 cups water, more if needed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp regular or smoked paprika
- to taste Kosher salt
- to taste freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 4 whole carrots, washed, unpeeled, coarsely sliced
- 4 new potatoes, quartered
- to garnish fresh parsley, minced
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown meat in two batches, setting aside on a plate when browned. Cut pieces in half. Set aside.
- Add diced onions to the pot. Stir and cook for two or three minutes until softened, then add garlic for another minute.
- Pour in beer and beef stock, then add Worcestershire, tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add beef back into the pot. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- The liquid should cook down to a thicker state while simmering. If it gets too thick/reduces too much, add additional water as needed.
- Add carrots and potatoes, then cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes. (If stew gets dry, just add a cup of hot water at a time to replenish the liquid.) Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve in bowls. Sprinkle with minced parsley, if desired.