Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Butcher Box.ca Selva Shrimp
Garlic cilantro lime sauce:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
Shrimp taco spice mix:
- 2 teaspoons each chili powder and cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Stuff for the shrimp tacos:
- 1 lb. Butcher Box.ca Selva shrimp, peeled, tails removed
- 2–3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 8 small tortillas (corn or flour)
- avocados, Cotija cheese, and lime wedges for serving
- Sauce: Pulse all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender until mostly smooth.
- Slaw: Toss some of the sauce (not all) with the cabbage. We’ll use the leftover sauce to top the tacos.
- Shrimp: Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Toss the shrimp in a small bowl with the spice mix to get it coated. Heat a drizzle of oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and sauté for 5-8 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assembly: For the prettiest and easiest-to-eat assembly, go in this order: smashed avocado, slaw, and shrimp. Finish with Cotjia cheese, lime wedges, and extra sauce.