Scallops au Gratin with Butcher Box.ca Atlantic sea scallops
- 2 tbsp melted salted butter, or as needed, divided
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- pinch kosher salt (or to taste)
- 8 Butcher Box.ca Atlantic sea scallops
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Brush 2 small gratin dishes with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Whisk creme fraiche, white wine, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, and kosher salt together in a bowl until sauce is smooth. Place scallops in sauce and toss to coat; let sit until flavors begin to blend, about 5 minutes.
- Divide scallops between prepared gratin dishes and pour remaining creme fraiche sauce over the top. Top with tarragon and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 4 minutes. Increase oven setting to broil and continue cooking until scallops are golden brown, slightly springy, and opaque, 2 to 4 minutes more.
Serve with French bread for dipping, don't leave any of the delicious sauce behind!