Garlic cilantro lime sauce:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
Loaded Nacho Topping
- 2 lbs Butcher Box.ca 100% grass fed grass finished ground sirloin
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can or 1 cup of corn niblets, drained
- 3 ancho chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 red sweet pepper (or any colour), diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ancho chipotle pepper
- salt and pepper
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup pico de gallo style salsa
- Shredded cheese - habanero blend, tex mex blend, or your choice
- Nacho chips of your choice
- Lime and cilantro drizzle - place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place in sealed container if refrigerator to allow flavours to blend.
- In a large skillet heat a small amount of olive or avocado oil - add ground sirloin and cook, stirring and breaking up as it browns. Once browned, drain, return to pan.
- Add diced onion, sweet pepper, ancho peppers and seasonings, cook until onion and pepper are starting to soften.
- Add cilantro and pico de gallo, simmer for about 5 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- On a foil lined cooking sheet, spread a layer of nachos, then some of the ground beef mixture, then cheese. Repeat layers as needed/desired.
- Place in a 350 over until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Drizzle with the lime cilantro mixture - and get out of the way...
** Add toppings of shredded lettuce, diced green onion, diced tomato, sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos...
**Have the guacamole and sour cream nearby for added dipping/topping flavours.