French Toast Sausage Roll Ups from Butcher Box.ca
- 8 links Butcher Box.ca gluten free breakfast sausages
- 8 slices white bread fresh sandwich bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Cook the sausages thoroughly in a frying pan, place on paper towel to drain. I actually put them in the oven on low heat for a bit to fully drain.
- Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin then cut off the crusts, carefully.
- Place a sausage at the end of each slice of bread and roll it up. Dip the roll up into the egg mixture then pan fry in a buttered skillet on all sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh sliced strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Printable version HERE