Butcher Box.ca’s RESPONSE TO COVID-19
To our Butcher Box.ca Family,
As we closely monitor the developments of the novel Coronavirus, we wanted to share many of the precautionary measures we have taken to ensure we mitigate any potential risks to our products, employees, and customers.
While we are not aware of any reports at this time that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging, we will be increasing our hygiene and food safety procedures during this time.
Here are the enhanced safety measures we and our suppliers are taking:
- Increasing daily deep cleaning and sanitation of our production facilities and distribution centers.
- All team members practice social distancing when possible, we have expanded work areas to allow this to happen.
- All team members wear face masks when social distancing is not possible, and gloves are used at all times when handling any food or packaging. Gloves are changed frequently, including when being used for a new function.
- Employees and staff are instructed to wash their hands regularly, avoid touching their faces, and avoid any and all contact with symptomatic people.
- Hand washing guidelines and procedures are posted at all handwashing stations.
- Additional food safety and handling training for all production employees with increased screening on travel history and symptoms.
- Anyone with flu-like symptoms is asked to stay home and work remotely where possible.
- Regularly disinfecting high-touch areas, including work stations, offices, and desks with hospital-grade disinfecting cleaner.
- Making hand sanitizers accessible for all employees and staff at all times.
- Deliveries are being conducted in a contactless manner, drivers have full access to PPE, sanitizer, masks, etc. Our drivers are not entering elevators or stairwells, nor are they entering homes.
We take our employees’ and customer’s safety and health very seriously and will continue to follow the advice of Public Health Organizations as the situation develops. For more information on how you can minimize the risk of getting yourself and other sick, visit the Health Canada website by clicking here.
Please do not hesitate to email us if you have any questions – we’re happy to help!
Yours in keeping our community strong;
Founder and CEO